The overarching Mission Statement for MFL is as follows:
Increase young people’s cultural awareness and linguistic competence, thereby enabling them to view the world with an open and enquiring mind and to develop the transferable skills required to compete in an ever-changing, 竞争激烈的世界.
999真人学校 西班牙语 department sets students on the path to bilingualism allowing students to see life through other people’s eyes. We provide the cultural prism through which students can develop a range of transferrable skills, giving each learner the opportunity to become a fluent speaker when they leave the Piggott School.
- To equip learners with the skills required to live, work in a 西班牙语 speaking country
- To foster an attitude of lifelong language learning
- To instill a curiosity for other languages and cultures
- Develop transferrable skills and to give learners the steppingstone to other opportunities, 与学习西班牙语有关
Our curriculum intent is founded on the notion of ‘languages for all’. Everybody can learn a foreign language and in an ever changing and ever polarizing world, having a knowledge of another language, especially one spoken by 437 million people, 是至关重要的.
西班牙语 at the Piggott School equips all learners with the basics of the language and promotes students to explore the differences and similarities with their own language. Basing our lessons on 西班牙语 speaking countries, all students learn about how cultural idiosyncrasies create unique learning opportunities through the medium of food, 音乐, 体育运动, 海关, 节日等.
Learning 西班牙语 enables all students to move away from the idea of monolingualism and towards a bilingual approach to life allowing them to be able to live and work in a 西班牙语 speaking country one day. Many of the scenarios that we teach are linked to our successful 西班牙语 Exchange that takes place when students are in Y10
Alongside improving their language skills, learners develop their confidence in a range of other transferrable areas. They will become more confident in speaking and explaining, 他们的记忆力将会提高, they must become resilient and enhance their analytical and problems solving skills to create unique ways of looking at the world through the prism of 西班牙语.
How is 西班牙语 taught at the Piggott School?
- 西班牙语 is taught to every half the year in Y7 and Y8 and then to students who choose the subject for GCSE / Alevel
- Each student receives 3 hours per fortnight in Y7 which increases to 4 hours in years 8-10. Y11 Students receive 5 hours per fortnight
- AQA A Level 西班牙语 is part of the A Level provision at 999真人学校 and allows students to become fluent speakers of the language.
- We have adopted an approach that focuses on Extensive Processing Instruction (EPI), which repeatedly exposes the learner to language in a number of different contexts and scenarios, thus “input flooding” and improving confidence.
- The new 西班牙语 curriculum is sequenced in a way that allows students to recycle and deepen the key concepts of 西班牙语 grammar and language over the 5 years towards GCSE and beyond into A Level
- The curriculum provides a rich range of topics, all designed to give learners practical ways to apply their learning in 西班牙语 speaking contexts..
- Grammar is built into all modules and develops students’ awareness over the years with learners in Y11 able to use up to 10 verb tenses, 不同的习惯用语, be creative with the 西班牙语 language and have the springboard from which to launch into A level.
- In the compulsory phase of 西班牙语 in Y7 and Y8, 学生学习西班牙语的基础知识, building up their confidence of grammar and use of three different moods (past, present and future) The different topics are designed to develop and recycle language and continually offer opportunities to see cultural and linguistic differences.
- Students have access to a wide range of professional resources, such as the Viva Edexcel GCSE and AQA A Level 西班牙语 textbooks, which also provide many supporting documents and resources online. 除此之外, they are able to use a number of online platforms to improve their language, such as Quizlet and Memrise for vocabulary, 和Thisislanguage, Language-gym, Languagesonline and Duolingo for extra grammar and skills practice.